搜索

奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统呼吁共同寻找解决方案

发表于 Apr 23, 2018 15:21:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统呼吁共同寻找解决方案
Weekly Address: Coming Together to Find Solutions
奥巴马每周电视演讲:共同寻找解决方案
The White House July 16, 2016
2016 年 7 月 16日白宫
Hi, everybody. It's been a challenging couple weeks. The shootings in Minnesota and Baton Rouge; the protests; the targeting and murder of police officers in Dallas - it's left all of us struggling to make sense of things at times. Now, I know that for many, it can feel like the deepest fault lines of our democracy have suddenly been exposed, and even widened.
大家好。这几周颇具挑战性。明尼苏达和巴吞鲁日的警察枪杀黑人;引起抗议;达拉斯警察们成为复仇枪口的目标。时不时我们所有人都在纠结,这事究竟蕴含着什么?现在,我明白了许多,可以感觉到美国民主的最深层底线断裂并突然显现,甚至扩大了。
But the America I know -the America I saw this week - is just not as divided as some folks try to insist. I saw it on Monday, when I met with law enforcement to talk about the challenges they face, and how too often, we ask our police to do too much - to be social workers, and teachers, guardians, and drug counselors as well.
而本周我知道的美国、 我看到的美国与一些人试图坚守的理念没有什么分歧。周一与执法人员探讨他们面临的挑战时,我看到了这一点,而太多的时候,我们对警察要求得太多了身兼社会工作者,教师,保护人和药物顾问等。
I saw it on Tuesday, when I traveled to Dallas for the memorial service for the five courageous officers who died in the line of duty - even as they were protecting protesters with whom they may have disagreed.
周二我前往达拉斯参加五位勇敢警官的悼念仪式又看到了这一点。 他们死于执勤岗位,即使不情愿保护的是针对他们的抗议者。
I saw it on Wednesday, when I hosted police chiefs, Black Lives Matter activists, state and local leaders, and others for a discussion that lasted more than four hours - a discussion on more steps we can take to continue supporting the police who keep our streets safe, and instill confidence that the law applies to everyone equally.
周三也看到了这一点,我召集警察局长、民权运动活动家、州长和地方官及其他人士持续讨论 4个多小时, 探讨采取更多的措施继续支持保护街道安全的警察,增强法律面前人人平等的信心。
And I saw it on Thursday, at a town hall in D.C., where we talked about how there is no contradiction between honoring police and recognizing the racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system, and trying to fix these discrepancies.
周四同样看到了这一点,在华盛顿市政厅我们谈到如何协调矛盾:尽职尽责的警察与公认的刑事司法系统中存在的种族歧视, 并试图化解这些矛盾。
These conversations were candid, challenging, even uncomfortable at times. But that's the point. We have to be able to talk about these things, honestly and openly, not just in the comfort of our own circles, but with folks who look differently and think differently than we do. Otherwise, we'll never break this dangerous cycle. And that's what America's all about. Not just finding policies that work - but forging consensus, fighting cynicism, and finding the political will to keep changing this country for the better.
这些谈话是坦率的,具有挑战性的,有时还令人不快。但问题的关键就在于此。我们必须能够开诚布公谈论这些事情,不能只是在自己的圈子里空谈, 还要与那些看法和想法与我们做法不同的人交流。 否则,我们将永远不能破解这个危险的循环。这就是美国的一切。不仅找到得力的政策,还能通过打造共识,激烈交锋,寻找能持续将国家变得更好的大政方针。
That's what America gives us - all of us - the capacity to change.
这就是美国给我们的,我们所有人都有改变的能力。
It won't happen overnight. The issues we're grappling with go back decades, even centuries. But if we can open our hearts to try and see ourselves in one another; if we can worry less about which side has been wronged, and worry more about joining sides to do right, as equal parts of one American family - then I'm confident that together, we will lead our country to a better day.
它不会在一夜之间发生。我们正在努力解决的问题,几十年,甚至几个世纪。但如果我们能敞开心扉去努力看看我们自己的另一面;如果我们可以少担心被冤枉的一方,多注意双方所做的正确的事情,作为一个美国大家庭的平等的一部分,那么我相信,我们将共同引领美国走向更美好的一天。
Thanks everybody. Have a great weekend.
谢谢大家。周末愉快。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!