Day 37
第37天
I Remember, I Remember
我忆起,我忆起
Thomas Hood
托马斯·胡德
I remember, I remember The house where I was born,
我忆起,我忆起 那栋出生时的屋宇,
The little window where the sun Came peeping in at morn;
早晨,阳光从小窗中偷望进去:
He never came a wink too soon Nor brought too long a day;
他从不早来片刻, 也不多留半晌,
But now, I often wish the night Had borne my breath away.
但是现在,我常愿夜晚 带走我的呼吸!
I remember, I remember The roses, red and white,
我忆起,我忆起 玫瑰花开,有红有白 紫罗兰,
The violets, and the lily-cups—Those flowers made of light!
百合 那些由光辉构成的花朵! 有知更鸟筑巢的紫丁香,
The lilacs where the robin built, And where my brother set The laburnum on his birthday,
有哥哥生日时种植的金炼花,——依然常青!
The tree is living yet! I remember, I remember
我忆起,我忆起经常荡秋千的地方迎面而来的风是如此清爽
Where I was used to swing, thought the air must rush as fresh To swallows on the wing;
飞燕也颇有同感; 昔日意气扬扬的心灵, 现在变得如此沉重,
My spirit flew in feathers then That is so heavy now,summer pools could hardly cool
就是夏日的池水也无法冷却我额头的热狂!
The fever on my brow. I remember, I remember The fir-trees dark and high;
我忆起,我忆起 茂密高耸的冷杉;
I used to think their slender tops Were close against the sky:
我曾想象它细长的枝尖逼近天空;
It was a childish ignorance, But now 'tis little joy
虽然只是幼稚无知, 但是,现在却少有那般快乐
I know I'm farther off from Heaven Than when I was a boy.
因为我知道自己比孩童时代离苍穹更遥远了!