搜索

伊索寓言故事 第12期:下金蛋的鹅(下)

查看: 258.5k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 11:26:06 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
伊索寓言故事 第12期:下金蛋的鹅(下)
More months passed and the Farmer and his Wife became quite rich.
又过了几个月,农夫和他的妻子已经相当富有了。
Farmer: We are now quite rich. Thanks to the Goose.
我们现在已经相当富有了,多亏了那只鹅。
Wife: Yes. But I want to get really rich fast.
是呀,不过我想快点变得更富有。
Farmer: How?
那要怎么做呢?
Wife: Think. We don't know how the Goose lays the golden eggs. But we know where they are coming from.
你想想,我们不知道那只鹅怎么会下金蛋,可是我们知道那些金蛋是从哪里来的。
Farmer: We do? Where?
我们知道吗?从哪里?
Wife: From the Goose's stomach, of course. So its stomach must be full of golden eggs.
当然是从那只鹅的肚子里呀,所以它的肚子里一定装满了金蛋。
Farmer: Perhaps. I don't know.
或许吧,我不知道。
Wife: Can't you see? We can become really rich all at once.
你不明白吗?我们可以一夜致富呀。
Farmer: What do you mean?
你的意思是?
Wife: Cut open the Goose's stomach. Take out all of the golden eggs inside.
剖开那只饿的肚子,拿出里面所有的金蛋。
Farmer: You mean kill the Goose?
你是说杀了那只鹅?
Wife: Yes. A golden egg a day is too slow. I want to become really rich. Now!
每天一个金蛋太慢了,我要变得非常富有,立刻!
Farmer: But it has given us a golden egg every day. It made us rich. We can't kill it now.
但是它每天都给我们一个金蛋呀,他让我们富有了,现在我们不能杀它。
Wife: Why not? Don't you want to become richer faster?
难道你不想快点变得更有钱吗?
Farmer: Yes, but we are rich right now.
想呀,可是我们现在就很有钱呀。
Wife: Yes. But I want to become really really rich. I want to live in the city. Bring the knife from the kitchen.
是呀,可是我想变得真的真的很有钱,我想住到城市里去。去把厨房里的刀拿来。
Farmer: If you wish, dear.
遵命,亲爱的。
The Farmer brings a sharp knife from the kitchen. The Goose sees the knife and starts crying and runs away. The Wife hides the knife behind her back.
农夫从厨房里拿出一把锋利的刀,鹅看到了刀,开始一边叫一边跑,其子把刀藏在了身后。
Goose: Quack, quack!
嘎嘎!
Wife: What's the matter, Goose? I have something delicious for you.
怎么了,鹅?我有好吃的东西要给你呀!
Goose: Quack, quack!
嘎嘎!
Wife: it's running away! Go and catch it!
它跑走了!去抓住他!
Farmer: Okay, dear. Come here, Goosey.
好的,亲爱的,过来,鹅。
Goose: Quack, quack!
嘎嘎!
Wife: Catch it, catch it!
抓住它,抓住它!
Farmer: I got it!
抓住了!
Goose: Quack, quack!
嘎嘎!
The Farmer catches the Goose and the Wife is about to cut open its stomach.
农夫抓住鹅,妻子准备剖开他的肚子。
Wife: We will be really rich soon. How many eggs will there be?
我们很快就会变得很有钱了,会有多少金蛋呢?
Farmer: I don't know. But there must be many. I'm getting curious now. Hurry up. Cut it open.
我不知道,可是肯定很多,现在我越来越好奇了。快点,剖开他。
Wife: Okay, here I go.
好,我要下手了。
Goose: (scream)Q-U-A-C-K!!!
(惨叫)嘎!
The Goose's stomach is cut open. The Farmer and his Wife look surprised.
鹅的肚子被剖开了,农夫和他的妻子看起来非常吃惊。
Farmer: Where are the golden eggs?
金蛋在哪里呢?
Wife: I don't know. There must be some inside. Look carefully!
我不知道,这里头一定有一些。看仔细点!
Farmer: There are none! What have we done?
一个也没有,我们都干了些什么呀?
Wife: No golden eggs?
没有金蛋?
Farmer: Poor Goose. We were too greedy. So we will become poor again.
可怜的鹅,我们太贪心了,我们又会变穷。
Wife: Poor us!
可怜的我们!
Farmer: Boo-hoo-hoo.
呜-呜-呜…
MORAL: Don't be greedy.
不可贪心。
寓言启示:伊索寓言故事之下金蛋的鹅,这个故事告诉我们如果不懂得知足,贪得无厌,我们就会失去已经拥有的东西。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部