搜索

伊索寓言故事 第59期:农夫和他的儿子们(上)

查看: 374.7k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 11:26:13 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
伊索寓言故事 第59期:农夫和他的儿子们(上)
The Farmer and his Sons
农夫和他的儿子们
Mr. Thompson has three sons, David, James, and Peter. He is a very diligent man. He works in his grape fields all day. But, his three sons are all very lazy. Mr. Thompson is always worried about them.
汤普森先生有三个儿子,戴维、詹姆斯和彼得。汤普森先生是个非常勤劳的人。他整天都在他的葡萄园里工作。但是,他那三个儿子却十分懒惰。汤普森先生总是为他们担心。
Farmer: David, can you help me in the field today? I need your help. I can't work alone.
农夫:戴维,今天你可以到园子里来帮我吗?我需要你的帮助。那些活儿我一个人干不了。
David: But Father, it is too hot outside. I am too tired today. Besides, I am the eldest. Ask James to help you.
戴维:可是爸爸,外边太热了。我今天太累了。再说,我是老大。叫詹姆斯帮你吧。
Farmer: You are always tired, David.
农夫:你总是很累,戴维。
David lies down on his bed to rest. Mr. Thompson calls his second son, James.
戴维躺在他的床上休息。于是汤普森先生去叫他的第二个儿子,詹姆斯。
Farmer: James! What are you doing now? I need your help in the field today. I can't work alone.
农夫:詹姆斯!你现在在做什么?今天我需要你到园子里来帮我。那些活儿我一个人干不了。
James: I'm sorry, Father. I'm busy today. I'll help you tomorrow. Ask Peter.
詹姆斯:对不起,爸爸,我今天很忙。我明天再帮你。你叫彼得帮你吧。
Farmer: You are always busy, James.
农夫:你总是很忙,詹姆斯。
James pretends to be busy. Mr. Thompson calls Peter, his youngest son.
詹姆斯装出很忙的样子。汤普森先生只好去叫他最小的儿子,彼得。
Farmer: Hey, Peter! Are you busy now?
农夫:喂,彼得!你现在忙吗?
Peter: Not really, Father.
彼得:不太忙啊,爸爸。
Farmer: Are you going out somewhere today?
农夫:你今天要外出吗?
Peter: No, Father. Why do you ask?
彼得:不,爸爸。为什么要这么问呢?
Farmer: Well then, help me in the field. I need your help. I can't work alone.
农夫:那么,你来园子里帮我干活吧!我需要你的帮助。我一个人忙不过来。
Peter makes up an excuse.
彼得也找了一个借口。
Peter: I would like to help you, Father. But I am not feeling well today. I have a headache.
彼得:我很想帮你,爸爸。可是我今天不太舒服,我头疼。
Farmer: Not again! The last time, you had a stomachache.
农夫:不会吧!上次你说你肚子疼。
Mr. Thompson goes out to the field alone in the hot sun. He works all day while his three sons do nothing. His neighbors see him.
汤普森先生顶着炎炎烈日独自到园子里去干活。他的三个儿子无所事事,而他却不得不整日工作。邻居们看到了汤普森先生。
Wife: Look, dear! It's Mr. Thompson He is working alone again.
妻子:瞧,亲爱的!那不是汤普森先生吗。他又在一个人干活。
Neighbor:Where are all his three sons?
邻居:他那三个儿子都去哪里了?
Wife: Didn't you know, dear? They are the laziest boys in the world. They never work.
妻子:你难道不知道吗?亲爱的?他们是世界上最懒惰的人。他们从来不干活。
Neighbor:Really? That's too bad. Poor Mr. Thompson.
邻居:真的?那可太惨了。可怜的汤普森先生。
Mr. Thompson worked hard all his life. Finally, he gets very sick and cannot work anymore. He is about to die.
汤普森先生一生辛勤工作。终于有一天,他病倒了,再也没法工作了。他快要死了。
Farmer: What will happen to my three sons after I die? They will starve to death for sure. How can I change them?
农夫:(呻吟)我那三个儿子怎么办在我死后?他们会饿死的。我怎么才能改变他们呢?
Mr. Thompson cannot stop worrying about his three sons even in bed. He thinks and thinks. An idea comes to his mind. He calls his three sons.
就算是躺在病床上,汤普森先生仍在不停地为他的三个儿子担心。他想了又想。突然,他想到了一个主意。于是他叫来了三个儿子。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部