搜索

走遍美国:黄金时间 Quality Time ACT III

查看: 281.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 13:43:42 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
走遍美国:黄金时间 Quality Time ACT III
ACT IIIGood morning. 早安。
What a wonderful morning! 多么美好的早晨!
Don't the flowers smell wonderful? 花儿闻起来好香,不是吗?
Good morning, Ellen. 早安,Ellen。
Yes, they do. 是的,花儿好香。
That's why I'm reading my paper and having my coffee 这就是今天早上为什么我看报纸喝咖啡
on the patio this morning. 要在院子里。
Ah, it does smell sweet. 噢,它们确实很香。
How was your school-board meeting last night? 昨天晚上你们的联合校董事会会议开得怎么样?
You must've come home very late. 你一定很晚才回家。
Did you find the sandwich I made for you? 你找到我为你做的三明治了?
Thanks, dear. 谢谢,亲爱的。
I was so tired 我太累了。
I didn't even finish it. 没有能吃完它。
Philip, I've been working on this special project Philip,我一直在研拟一项特别计划
with the school board, 和联合校董事会一起,
and I'd like your opinion about it. 我需要你的意见。
What is it? 是个什么样的计划?
I've been trying to find 我一直在寻求
a way to encourage reading. 鼓励阅读的办法。
Good luck! 祝你好运!
Well, I think I may have found a way to do it. 噢,我想我也许已找到一种办法。
Tell me about it. 说给我听吧。
I work with families every day, Ellen. 我每天的工作就是接触一些家庭,Ellen。
I see how people spend their leisure time-- 我看到人们怎样利用空闲时间---
young and old. 不管是年轻的还是年老的。
Mostly watching television. 大部分是看电视。
Well, that would be OK 那倒没有什么关系。
if, and I repeat, 只要,我重复一遍,
if people took the time to read. 只要人们肯花时间去阅读。
I couldn't agree with you more. 我彻底同意你的看法。
The question is, 问题是,
how do we get them to read more? 我们怎样才能使他们多阅读?
I think 我想
you're going to give me the answer to that question. 是要给我这个问题一个答案。
You have that look in your eye. 你的眼睛显示出你已有了答案。
I do have an answer, Philip. 我确实有一个答案,Philip。
Or at least I think I do. 至少我想我有了答案。
Well, tell me about it. 那么,告诉我吧。
The plan is a simple one. 计划很简单。
Involve the entire family in a reading project. 让整个家庭都参与阅读计划。
In the home? 在家中?
Yes, in the home. 是的,在家中。
But first in the school-rooms. 但首先是在教室里。
Hmm, interesting. 嗯,有意思。
But how do you plan to do that? 但你预备怎么做呢?
By arranging with the public schools 首先从公立学校开始
to schedule one hour a week--to start with. 安排一星期一个小时。
During that time 在那一小时
parents are invited to attend-- 家长被邀请来参加---
and to read along with the children--their children. 和孩子们---他们的孩子们一起阅读。
It can go beyond the school system, Ellen. 这可以推广到学校体制以外,Ellen。
Really? 真的?
I guarantee you it would go very well in the hospitals. 我保证在医院这种计划会推行得很好。
My patients--mostly kids-- 我的病人---大多数是孩子---
would love to read and be read to. 会喜欢阅读并且喜欢别人读给他们听。
You think so? 你想会是这样吗?
I know so. 我确定知道是这样。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部