搜索

奥巴马总统每周电台演讲:总统呼吁结束阿富汗战争 重建美国经济

查看: 237.9k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 15:22:45 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
奥巴马总统每周电台演讲:总统呼吁结束阿富汗战争 重建美国经济
Hi, everybody.
嗨,大家好。
This week, I welcomed President Hamid Karzai to the White House to discuss the way ahead in Afghanistan.
本周我在白宫接见了卡尔扎依总统,我们就阿富汗的未来互相交换了意见。
And today, I want to update you on how we will end this war, bring our troops home, and continue the work of rebuilding America.
今天想告诉你们的是,我们如何结束这场战争,如何撤回我们的驻军及继续重建我们美国的最新消息。
Over the past four years, thanks to our brave men and women in uniform, we've dealt devastating blows to al Qaeda.
在过去的四年里,多亏了我军的优秀儿女,我们才能发动对基地组织的一系列毁灭性打击。
We've pushed the Taliban out of their strongholds.
我们把塔利班从堡垒中赶了出来。
And our core objective—the reason we went to war in the first place—is now within reach: ensuring that al Qaeda can never again use Afghanistan to launch attacks against America.
而我们的核心目的,也是我们在基地组织老巢发动战争的原因已经几近实现:那就是确保基地组织再也无法利用阿富汗发动针对美国的打击。
The 33,000 additional forces that I ordered to Afghanistan served with honor, completed their mission, and—as promised—returned home last fall.
我命令增援阿富汗的3.3万名美军士兵出色地完成了他们的任务,并且如我承诺一样于去年秋天光荣返乡。
This week, we agreed that this spring, Afghan forces will take the lead for security across the entire country, and our troops will shift to a support role.
本周,我们都赞同阿富汗军队在今年春天接过全境的安全防务领导权,我们的军队将转成支持角色。
In the coming months, I'll announce the next phase of our drawdown.
在今后几个月里,我将宣布我们撤军的下一个阶段。
And by the end of next year, America's war in Afghanistan will be over.
而到明年年底,美国在阿富汗的战争将宣告结束。
This progress has only been possible because of the heroic sacrifices of our troops and diplomats, alongside forces from many other nations.
正是因为有了我们的部队将士,外交人员们以及其他国家同样做出的无畏牺牲,这些进展才有可能实现。
More than a half million Americans—military and civilian—have served in Afghanistan.
超过50万美国人,包括军队和平民曾在阿富汗战斗过。
Thousands have been wounded.
数以千计的人受了伤。
More than 2,000 have given their lives.
超过2,000人献出了自己宝贵的生命。
This remains a very difficult mission.
而我们的任务依然艰巨。
The work ahead will not be easy.
前路不会一帆风顺。
Our forces are still in harm's way.
我军依然身处险境。
But make no mistake—our path is clear, and we are moving forward.
但毫无疑问—我们的路线已经非常清晰,而且我们正在继续前进。
Because after more than a decade of war, the nation we need to rebuild is our own.
因为经历10多年的战火洗礼后,最需要重新建设的是我们自己的国家。
As we do, we have to care for our troops and veterans who fought in our name.
正如同我们所做的,我们还必须关爱以我们的名义战斗的将士和退伍军人们。
We have to grow our economy and shrink our deficits.
我们必须发展经济减少赤字。
We have to fix our infrastructure and our immigration system.
我们必须完善我们的基础设施及移民体系。
We have to protect our planet from the destructive effects of climate change—and protect our children from the horrors of gun violence.
我们必须保护我们的地球不受气候改变造成的破坏—保护我们的孩子们不受涉枪暴力的威胁。
These, too, will be difficult missions for America.
这些也将是美国的艰巨任务。
But they must be met.
但是我们必须面对。
And if we can summon just a fraction of the determination of our men and women in uniform, I know we can meet them.
如果我们能以部队将士们的决心为榜样,我们就一定能实现这些目标。
And I intend to work as hard as I know how to make sure we do.
我将尽自己最大努力实现这些目标。
Thank you.
谢谢大家。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部