搜索

奥巴马总统每周电台演讲:总统赞扬汽车行业再创辉煌 百多万人工作因此得到落实

查看: 140.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 15:22:56 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
奥巴马总统每周电台演讲:总统赞扬汽车行业再创辉煌 百多万人工作因此得到落实
Every year around this time, American car companies start rolling out their newest, shiniest models, hoping to entice you into buying one.
每年的这个时节,美国的汽车厂商们都会拿出自己的看家本领,推出自己最新最炫的车型,希望能够吸引大家购买。
It's Detroit's chance to show you what they've been working on—the latest and greatest.
这是底特律向大家展示他们一直致力于最新最好的汽车的机会。
And this year is no exception.
而且今年也是不负众望,
They've got some pretty good-looking cars coming out.
他们推出了相当惹人眼球的车型。
But something is different this time around—and it starts with the auto companies themselves.
但这次有些不同,是来自于汽车厂商们自己。
Just a few years ago, the auto industry wasn't just struggling—it was flatlining.
短短几年前,汽车产业不是处于挣扎期,是几近崩溃。
GM and Chrysler were on the verge of collapse.
通用和克莱斯勒已经处在破产的边缘。
Suppliers and distributors were at risk of going under.
供应商和分销商都面临关门大吉的风险。
More than a million jobs across the country were on the line—and not just auto jobs, but the jobs of teachers, small business owners, and everyone in communities that depend on this great American industry.
100多万人都面临着失业的危险,不仅仅是汽车行业,包括教师、中小企业主,以及各阶层依靠这项伟大美国产业为生的人都面临窘境。
But we refused to throw in the towel and do nothing.
但我们不认输,不放弃。
We refused to let Detroit go bankrupt.
我们拒绝让底特律破产。
We bet on American workers and American ingenuity, and three years later, that bet is paying off in a big way.
我们用美国的工人们和美国人的聪明才智打赌,而在三年后,我们得到了巨大的回报。
Today, auto sales are the highest they've been in more than four years.
今天,汽车销量达到了四年来的最高。
GM is back.
通用回归,
Ford and Chrysler are growing again.
福特和克莱斯勒再次获得增长。
Together, our auto industry has created nearly a quarter of a million new jobs right here in America.
总的说来,我们的汽车行业为美国创造了近25万个工作岗位。
And we're not just making more cars and trucks—we're making better ones.
而且我们不仅仅生产更多的小汽车和卡车,而且我们创造卓越品质。
After 30 years of inaction, we raised fuel standards so that by the middle of the next decade, cars and light trucks will average almost 55 miles per gallon—nearly double what they get today.
经历30年的碌碌无为后,我们提高了燃油标准,这样再过5年后,汽车和轻型卡车都可以达到每加仑燃料行驶55英里的标准,这将是现行标准的两倍。
That means you'll only have to fill up every two weeks instead of every week.
这意味着你不需要每周都去加油,两周一次就好了。
It's good for your wallet, it's good for our economy, and it's good for the environment.
这不仅能为你省钱,对经济而言也是好消息,而且对环境更好。
The technology that makes it happen will also help America stay on the cutting edge for decades to come.
这一技术的实现将让美国在未来十年里在该行业内保持领先地位。
Just this week, GM announced they plan to hire 1,500 workers for a new research center in Michigan to help make sure the high-tech cars of tomorrow are designed and built right here in America.
而就在本周,通用宣布了他们为密歇根的新研究中心招募1500名员工的计划,而该中心将确保未来的高科技汽车是在美国本土完成设计并被生产出来。
I've also signed new bipartisan trade agreements into law,
我也签署了一项两党的贸易协定,
because I want to see more cars on the road in places like South Korea imported from Detroit and Toledo and Chicago.
因为我期望看到更多的从底特律,特莱多和芝加哥出口的汽车在韩国等国家的公路上行驶。
All of this is something the American people can and should be proud of.
这是可以让美国人民感到自豪的事情。
It's a reminder that when the American people put their mind to something, there's nothing we can't do.
这也证明只要美国人民专注,就没有我们做不好的事情。
So next time you see one of those brand new 2013 models on TV or on the lot, think about how far we've come together.
因此,如果下次你们在电视上看见这些全新的2013款汽车,不要忘了我们的努力。
Think about how—thanks to the hard work and can-do spirit of the American people—more of those cars and trucks are being manufactured by American workers at American companies in communities all across the country.
想像一下,正是有了美国人民的辛勤付出和愿意去做的精神,越来越多的这种汽车和卡车才能在全美各地的工厂由美国工人制造出来。
And they're going to save you more money at the pump.
它们将在油费上为大家节省一大笔支出。
That's what America is all about.
这就是我们的美国。
When we get knocked down, we get back up.
我们在哪里跌倒,我们就在哪里爬起来,
We come back stronger.
而且会变得比以前更强大。
And as long as I'm President, that's what we'll keep doing.
只要我还担任总统,我就将继续努力。
Thanks, and have a great weekend.
谢谢大家,祝你们周末愉快!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部