搜索

时差N小时:绿色门 Green door

查看: 208.6k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 17:21:47 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
时差N小时:绿色门 Green door
Don:Here's a simple demonstration you can do with cool implications.
唐:这是一个你可以做的具有很酷含义的简单演示。
Find a large object that is brightly colored--let's make it a green door.
找一个色彩鲜艳的大物件—让我们使它摇身一变成为一道绿色门。
Stand with that door to your side but don't look directly at it; you want it to be in your peripheral vision.
站在那扇门身边,但不要直视,你要想它是在你的周边视觉中。
Now, without shifting your gaze, examine the door in the edge of your field of vision.
现在,不用转移你的目光,仔细审视在你视野边缘的这扇门。
What color is it? Answer? It's still green.
它是什么颜色的?回答?它仍然是绿色的。
Yael:It's still green? What kind of experiment is that?
雅艾尔:它仍然是绿色的吗?这个实验到底想说明什么?
I thought you were going to say something happens to the color.
我以为你会说颜色发生了某些变化。
Don:That's exactly right!
唐:完全正确!
The color stays green, which means something has happened-- because nothing in your peripheral vision should have any color at all.
之所以仍然是绿色,这意味着发生了一些事情—因为在你的周边视觉里应该应该没有任何颜色。
Yael:Nothing in your peripheral vision should have any color? Why not?
雅艾尔:在你的周边视觉内应该没有任何颜色?为什么没有呢?
Don:Because color is what we perceive when light of a particular frequency meets cones-special cells in your retina.
唐:因为颜色是特定频率光线投射到视网膜锥细胞上我们的感知。
But the light being reflected off the door is only landing on the outside edge of your retina.
但被反射到门的光只是在你的视网膜外边缘。
And there are almost no cones on the edges.
而且在边缘几乎没有视锥细胞。
Everything we see roughly seventy-five degrees away from the point we're fixed on should be black and white.
从这一个固定的点大约七十五度我们看到的一切事物都应该是黑白两色。
Yael:That's fascinating! But why is the door still green?
雅艾尔:太神奇了!但为什么门还是绿色的?
Don:Presumably the door remains green because vision isn't a simple matter of retinal cells.
唐:大概门仍然是绿色的是因为视觉不是简单的视网膜细胞。
All the data your eyes send is interpreted by the brain.
你眼中的所有数据发送给大脑解读。
Your brain knows that the door is green, so it supplies information that isn't really there to keep the image stable.
你的大脑知道门是绿色的,所以它提供信息,并不是真的在那里保持图像稳定。
This is just one of the many ways your brain saves time and energy by making reasonably safe assumptions about the world around you.
这只是你的大脑通过对你周围环境合理安全的假设节省时间和精力的其中一种方式。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部