搜索

时差N小时:一天中最冷的时刻 The coldest time of day

查看: 380.2k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 17:22:06 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
时差N小时:一天中最冷的时刻 The coldest time of day
DON:Anyone with the gumption to be up before dawn will tell you that when those first rays of light come over the horizon after a clear night, it gets warmer, and...
唐:任何有进取心破晓前起床的人都会告诉你,当在晴朗的夜晚后第一缕阳光越过地平线,温度就会变得暖和,而且…
Yael:Don?
雅艾尔:唐?
DON:Uh, Yael. I'm trying to do a radio program here.
唐:嗯,雅艾尔。我想在这里听听广播节目。
YAEL:Yes, but when the sun first rises it doesn't get warmer right away.
雅艾尔:可以,但当太阳第一次升起的时候不会马上暖和。
DON:I-it doesn't.
唐:不是这样的。
YAEL:No, it actually feels colder.
雅艾尔:实际上会感觉更冷。
In fact, barring any storm fronts, the coldest time of day is sometime just after dawn.
事实上,除了任何风暴以外,一天中最冷的时间恰巧就是破晓的某个时段。
DON:It is?
唐:真的吗?
YAEL:See, the sun is kind of like a microwave and the ground is kind of like a frozen TV dinner.
雅艾尔:你看,太阳就像是一种微波而大地有点像冰冻的电视晚餐。
DON:Okay. I like dinner. Go on.
唐:好吧。我喜欢晚餐。继续说下去。
YAEL:The earth absorbs some heat from the atmosphere during the night.
雅艾尔:大地在晚上吸收大气中的热量。
Sort of like putting your dinner out to thaw, but during the day, the sun acts like a microwave and quickly heats up the ground.
就好比把你的晚餐解冻,但在白天太阳就像一种微波并且使地面快速升温。
Once the sun sets, the ground cools off by radiating heat out to the atmosphere and some escapes into space.
一旦太阳西下,大地会通过散发热量到大气中进行冷却并且有一些会逃进宇宙空间。
Just as when the microwave stops, your dinner starts to cool down.
就像当微波停止,你的晚餐开始冷却。
DON:That makes sense.
唐:有道理。
YAEL:At dawn, the first rays of sunshine are weak.
雅艾尔:黎明时分,第一缕阳光非常弱。
It takes time for the incoming radiation from the sun to counteract the rate that the ground is losing heat.
来自太阳的辐射需要时间以中和大地失去热量的比率。
Contrary to what you might think, that means the temperatures are coldest after dawn.
可能与你所想的相反,这意味着黎明之后温度变得最为寒冷。
It doesn't get warmer until the sun is stronger and the ground starts to absorb heat again.
直到太阳更为强大而且地面又再次开始吸收热量后才会升温。
DON:So it's like if I put my frozen dinner in the microwave for, say, 20 seconds, it's still frozen.
唐:所以这就好比我把冷冻餐放入微波炉里转20秒,它仍然冻的硬邦邦。
It takes the microwave time to warm up your dinner enough to unfreeze it.
这需要时间让微波来使你的晚餐升温到足以融化它。
YAEL:Exactly.
雅艾尔:没错。
DON:I think I'm hungry. Let's go eat.
唐:我饿了。让我们去吃点东西吧。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部