搜索

四签名 第86期:大宗阿格拉宝物(5)

查看: 161.1k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 09:16:07 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
四签名 第86期:大宗阿格拉宝物(5)
It was amusing to notice how the consequential Jones was already beginning to give himself airs on the strength of the capture.
这时傲慢的琼斯已逐渐露出他对囚犯大摆威严的神气。
From the slight smile which played over Sherlock Holmes's face,
从福尔摩斯那微微一笑,
I could see that the speech had not been lost upon him.
我看得出来,琼斯的话已经引起了他的注意。
"We will be at Vauxhall Bridge presently," said Jones,
琼斯又道:"我们就要到沃克斯豪尔桥了。
"and shall land you, Dr. Watson, with the treasure-box.
华生医师,您可以带着宝箱在这里下去。
I need hardly tell you that I am taking a very grave responsibility upon myself in doing this.
我想您是深知我对这样的作法是负着多么大的责任。
It is most irregular, but of course an agreement is an agreement.
当然,这种作法是极不合法的,但是既有成议在先,我不能失信。
I must, however, as a matter of duty, send an inspector with you,
我有责任派一个警长陪您同去。
since you have so valuable a charge. You will drive, no doubt?"
因为宝物贵重非常,您准备坐车去吗?"
"Yes, I shall drive."
"我准备坐车去。"
"It is a pity there is no key, that we may make an inventory first.
"可惜这里没有钥匙,不然咱们可以预先清点一下,
You will have to break it open. Where is the key, my man?"
您恐怕还需要把箱子砸开。斯茂,钥匙哪里去了?"
"At the bottom of the river," said Small shortly.
斯茂简短地说道:"在河底下。"
"Hum! There was no use your giving this unnecessary trouble.
"哼!你给我们这个麻烦真是多余。
We have had work enough already through you. However, Doctor, I need not warn you to be careful.
了你,我们已经费了不少的人力和物力。可是医师,我不必再叮嘱您了,千万小心。
Bring the box back with you to the Baker Street rooms.
为您回来的时候把箱子带到贝克街来,
You will find us there, on our way to the station."
在去警署以前,我们在那里等您。"
They landed me at Vauxhall, with my heavy iron box, and with a bluff, genial inspector as my companion.
我在沃克斯豪尔下船,带着沉重的宝箱,由一个温和坦率的警长陪伴着。
A quarter of an hour's drive brought us to Mrs. Cecil Forrester's.
一刻钟以后我们到达了西色尔·弗里斯特夫人的家
The servant seemed surprised at so late a visitor.
开门的女仆对我这夜晚来访的客人很是惊讶,
Mrs. Cecil Forrester was out for the evening, she explained, and likely to be very late.
她说弗里斯特夫人不在家中,恐怕到深夜才能回来,
Miss Morstan, however, was in the drawing-room;
摩斯坦小姐现在还在客厅里。
so to the drawing-room I went, box in hand, leaving the obliging inspector in the cab.
我把那警长留在车上等候,我提着宝箱直入客厅。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部