搜索

有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第9期:入学第一天(2)

查看: 186.5k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 10:20:06 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
有声读物《暮光之城•暮色》第9期:入学第一天(2)
Finding the school was not difficult, though I'd never been there before.
找到学校没费什么事,虽然我以前从未去过。
The school was, like most other things, just off the highway.
学校和许多其他建筑一样,就在公路边上。
It was not obvious that it was a school;
它不太看得出来是所学校;
only the sign, which declared it to be the Forks High School, made me stop.
幸好看见了那块上面写着福克斯中学的牌子,我才停下来。
It looked like a collection of matching houses, built with maroon colored bricks.
它看上去就像一溜用栗色砖修建的配套用房。
There were so many trees and shrubs I could not see its size at first.
这里有许多树和灌木,一开始我没能看清学校的规模。
Where was the feel of the institution?
这哪里有什么教育机构的感觉?
I wondered nostalgically.
我感觉倒是很怀旧。
Where were the chain link fences, the metal detectors?
铁丝网栅栏在哪儿?还有金属探测器呢?
I parked in front of the first building, which had a small sign over the door reading front office.
我把车停在了第一栋楼前,楼上挂着一块小牌子,上面写有“行政办公室”字样。
No one else was parked there, so I was sure it was off limits,
不见有别人把车停在这里,所以我断定这里肯定是不让停车的,
but I decided I would get directions inside instead of circling around in the rain like an idiot.
不过我还是决定去问问路,而不要像个白痴似地在雨中绕圈子。
I stepped unwillingly out of the toasty truck cab and walked down a little stone path lined with dark hedges.
我不情愿地从舒适温暖的驾驶室出来,上了一条有深色栅栏的小石路。
I took a deep breath before opening the door.
开门之前,我深吸了一口气。
Inside, it was brightly lit, and warmer than I'd hoped.
里面灯火通明,而且比我想象得要暖和。
The office was small; a little waiting area with padded folding chairs, orange flecked commercial carpet,
办公室很小;有一个小小的接待区,放置着一些带衬垫的可折叠椅子,地上铺着橘色斑点的商务地毯,
notices and awards cluttering the walls, a big clock ticking loudly.
布告和奖彰混乱地贴在墙上,一个大立钟发出清晰而响亮的滴答声,
Plants grew everywhere in large plastic pots, as if there was not enough greenery outside.
在大塑料罐子里的盆景生长得异常茂盛,好像这里户外缺乏植被似的所以它们才在这里长得到处都是。
The room was cut in half by a long counter,
这个房间被一个长柜台分割成两部分,
cluttered with wire baskets full of papers and brightly colored flyers taped to its front.
柜台前凌乱地放着装满了纸张的金属网篓,台子的前面板上用胶带胡乱地贴着色彩明亮的广告传单。
There were three desks behind the counter,
台子后面有三张办公桌,
one of which was manned by a large, red haired woman wearing glasses.
其中一张被一个大个子的,红发戴眼镜的女性所占据。
She was wearing a purple t shirt, which immediately made me feel overdressed.
她穿着一件紫色的体恤衫,这件体恤衫让我立刻觉得自己穿得太多了。
The red haired woman looked up. Can I help you?
她抬头看着我:“你有事吗?”
"I'm Isabella Swan," I informed her, and saw the immediate awareness light her eyes.
“我是伊萨贝拉·斯旺,”我通报了姓名,看见她的眼中立即闪过明白了的眼神,
I was expected, a topic of gossip no doubt.
我料想,无疑我已经成为了这个小镇上闲聊时的话题,
Daughter of the Chief's flighty ex wife, come home at last.
警长轻浮的前妻的闺女,终于回家来了。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部