搜索

经典文学《简·爱》 第249期

查看: 180.1k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 11:02:22 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
经典文学《简·爱》 第249期
Thank you, sir. Tell me what to do, I'll try, at least, to do it.
谢谢你,先生。告诉我该干什么 — 至少我会尽力的。
Fetch me now, Jane, a glass of wine from the dining-room. They will be at supper there.
简,替我从餐室里拿杯酒来。他们都在那里吃晚饭.
And tell me if Mason is with them, and what he is doing.
告诉我梅森是不是同他们在一起,他在干什么?
I went. I found all the party in the dining-room at supper, as Mr. Rochester had said.
我去了。如罗切斯特先生所说,众人都在餐室用晚饭。
They were not seated at table. The supper was arranged on the sideboard.
他们没有围桌而坐。晚餐摆在餐具柜上。
Each had taken what he chose, and they stood about here and there in groups, their plates and glasses in their hands.
各人取了自已爱吃的东西,零零落落地成群站着,手里端了盘子和杯子。
Every one seemed in high glee. Laughter and conversation were general and animated.
大家似乎都兴致勃勃。谈笑风生,气氛十分活跃。
Mr. Mason stood near the fire, talking to Colonel and Mrs. Dent, and appeared as merry as any of them.
梅森先生站在火炉旁,同登特上校和登特太太在交谈,显得和其余的人一样愉快。
I filled a wine-glass.
我斟满酒。
I saw Miss Ingram watch me frowningly as I did so.
我看见英格拉姆小姐皱眉蹙额地看着我。
She thought I was taking a liberty, I daresay, and I returned to the library.
我猜想她认为我太放肆了,回到了图书室。
Mr. Rochester's extreme pallor had disappeared, and he looked once more firm and stern.
罗切斯特先生极度苍白的脸已经恢复神色,再次显得镇定自若了。
He took the glass from my hand.
他从我手里接过酒杯。
"Here is to your health, ministrant spirit!" he said.
"祝你健康,助人的精灵!"他说着。
He swallowed the contents and returned it to me.
一口气喝下了酒,把杯子还给我。
What are they doing, Jane? Laughing and talking, sir.
他们在干什么呀,简?谈天说笑,先生。
They don't look grave and mysterious, as if they had heard something strange?
他们看上去不像是听到过什么奇闻那般显得严肃和神秘吗!
Not at all. They are full of jests and gaiety. And Mason?
一点也没有。大家都开开玩笑,快快乐乐。梅森呢?
He was laughing too.
也在一起说笑。
If all these people came in a body and spat at me, what would you do, Jane?
要是这些人抱成一团唾弃我,你会怎么办呢?

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部