搜索

牛津上海版初中英语九年级(上册):Unit6 Reading

查看: 182.7k|回复: 0
  发表于 Feb 3, 2019 16:07:28 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
牛津上海版初中英语九年级(上册):Unit6 Reading
Protecting the innocent
保护无辜者
Pansy wanted to write an article on detectives for the school newspaper.
潘西想为校报写篇有关侦探方面的文章。
To get information, she interviewed Detective Ken.
为了获得信息,她采访了侦探家,肯。
This is part of the interview.
这是采访的一部分。
You say that you like being a detective. Why?
你说你喜欢做一个侦探。为什么?
Let me tell you about a recent case that I dealt with, Pansy.
让我告诉你关于我最近处理的一个案子吧,潘西。
Mr Jones is a very rich man who lives alone and enjoys collecting things.
琼森先生是一个有钱人。他一个人住并且喜欢收集东西。
He purchased a vase for 300,000 dollars.
他花三十万美元买了一个花瓶。
He showed it to only two people - his friends Jill and Jenny.
他就给两个人看过—他的朋友吉尔和詹妮。
Then he locked it in the safe at his house.
然后他把它锁在他房里的一个安全地方。
That night, someone stole it.
那天晚上,有人把它偷走了。
Mr Johns reported the theft, and I went to his house to look for clues.
李告了小偷,我去他家查线索。
Did you find any?
你发现什么了吗?
Yes, I found a black pearl earring near the open safe and, outside the open window of the room, I saw a lot of mud on the wet ground.
是的,我发现,在打开的安全地附近,有一只黑色的珍珠耳环。而且在房间开着的窗户外,我看见湿湿的地面上有好多泥。
Inside the room, the carpet was spotlessly clean.
在房间里面,地毯特别干静,没有一点污渍。
So what did you do next?
那么你接下来做了些什么?
I interviewed Jill and Jenny.
我见了吉尔和詹妮。
They both denied stealing the vase.
他们都否认偷了花瓶。
But I noticed that Jill was wearing a black pearl necklace - but no earrings.
但是我注意到吉尔带着一个黑色珍珠项链————但是没有耳环。
So Jill was the thief?
所以吉尔是小偷?
I didn't know. I needed proof.
我不知道。我需要证据。
A good detective never jumps to conclusions.
一个好侦探是从不会很快下结论的。
I decided what to do next. I showed Jill the earring, and she admitted it was hers.
我想好了下一步该做什么。我把那只耳环给吉尔看,她承认那是她的。
She said someone had stolen it from her house a month before.
她说一个月前有人从她房里偷走了它。
I checked her story. It was true.
我核对了她的故事。是真的。
So Jill was no longer a suspect.
所以吉尔不再是疑犯了。
But what about your other clue - the mud outside and the spotless carpet inside?
但是你的其他线索——外面的泥和里面干静的地毯怎么样呢?
That told me that probably no thief broke into Mr Johns's house.
那告诉我小偷不可能闯进琼森先生的家。
So I questioned Mr Johns and, in the end he admitted stealing his own vase.
因此我质问了琼森先生。最后他承认是他自己偷了花瓶。
He had bought insurance for it.
他为花瓶买了保险。
The insurance company would pay him 300,00 dollars if the vase was stolen.
如果花瓶被偷了,那么保险公司将会付给他两百万。
And who stole Jill's earring?
那谁偷了吉尔的耳环?
Mr Johns did that as well.
也是琼森偷的。
He tried to make sure that Jill would go to jail instead of him.
他试着确信吉尔将代替他进监狱。
So now Mr Johns is behind bars.
所以现在李被关在牢里。
Yes, and Jill is free.
是的,吉尔是清白的。
My job is to protect the innocent as well as find the guilty.
我的工作就是保护无辜的同时找出真凶。
That's why I like being a detective.
那就是我为什么喜欢干侦探这份工作。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部